Wellcome to PlasticFish Online!

Trying to get this page back on track!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Rapid Insertion.

I've been a bit pressed lately to finish this "Rapid Insertion"-mini for the SLAGFEST-08 competition on the WIP website. I had a real hard time comming up with an idea for this competition. "Put what you want on a 40mm base"... Well that's a bit to open for me. I need guidelines! ;-) But after some tinkering I came up with this rope-thing. And after that I just kind of winged it. So here we have a trooper from the "XIII"-something being dropped into an urban warzone somewhere in the galaxy. There are several details about this one that I'm not satisfied with, but that just have to do for now.


The number "XIII" on the shoulderpad is not ment to connect him with the 13:th penal legion but more to illustrate that in two earlier competitions my entries was placed on number 13 on the list of voting options. This time I almost hoped for the one in charge to put me back on place 13, instead my entry went up on the list at number 4.

This one was originaly the testsubject for some of the skincolur and camopainting that I used on the "Rapid Insertion"-piece. It is also something that the movie "Aliens" inspired me to do. You could also call it a demonstration of "the poor mans combiflamer". And it's not a beret on his head(!), it's a red cap. Over all I'm more pleased with the outcome of this one, he might even qualify to join the IG Killteam. On the other hand he's ment to be a penal-legion trooper, so I might use him as the first penal-trooper in a new project, Last Chancers!
I've been reading the Last Chancers collection, by Gav Thorpe (pure insane, high octane military madness, you got to read it!), and it's almost impossible not to get a lot of cool ideas for new projects. So I've been a bit distracted from my other projects for a while now. But I'm putting the Last Chancers-killteam of until I can get my hands on a Colonel Schaffer blister. And when I'm on that subject: why on earth does the blister come armed with a plasmapistol ?! He's always using his powersword and boltpistol in the books. Well that's surely one thing that I have to fix when I get my hands on it, replacing the plasmapistol with a boltpistol is the first thing I'm going to do! But that's all in the future right now.
Hmmm... there are lots of things in the future, got to revise that "to do"-list...

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger. - Modified By The PlasticFish -

TOPO