Wellcome to PlasticFish Online!

Trying to get this page back on track!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

New releases, stuff and books.

There's a lot of stuff going on right now! The release of the new Daemons and all the buzz about the new, 5:th edition of Warhammer 40k is about to go to my head. I'm getting tired about all the rumors about all the changes that are to come! (or not to come). Frankly speaking: I don't care! But the reason for that could be that I'm more interrested in building/converting/painting than in gaming! I read the latest edition of White Dwarf the other day, and the info on the new rules edition was scarse to say the least. But the stuff about the "line of sight" isn't really that new. At my place this one has always been the "house-rule", in all 40k and Necromunda games.
But I do have to say that if GW wants to take the game down a more "storyfriendly"-road, then I'm the last person to complain! I have always opted for more story and less rules. I'm no "rules-lawyer" and I hate everything that it stands for. What the new, 5:th edition of Warhammer 40K rules will contain is a question for the future to resolve. I'm not going to dig into all the rumors out there!
On a more interresting point Fantasy Flight Games have announced the releases of the "Purge the unclean" and "Inquisitors Handbook" -books. Now that's good news I tell you! But it there will be a hefty pricetag on them both. But the "Inquisitors Handbook" feels like a "must-buy" in my mind. In my opinion there are a lot of gaps in the core-rulebook that needs to be filled. I'm especially thinking about more info on guns, armor, gear and vehicles. And there are a lot of info-gaps when it comes to some of the Xenos. I'd like more gamestats on Orks, Eldar, Tyranids and why not stats on Space Marines when they are at it.
Well, I don't think that I will ever be perfectly satisfied. But you can always hope that they hit the jackpot!

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger. - Modified By The PlasticFish -

TOPO