Wellcome to PlasticFish Online!

Trying to get this page back on track!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Last nights update

Finished up some painting last night:
I've had this one laying around for quite some time now, but I didn't really get around to finishing it until yesterday.



















In my pursuit for inspiration I found the site Epicduckstudios.com. In the gallery I found an interresting paintjob of a Tau XV-Stealthsuit, switching into stealthmode. It led me to spend the whole of last night painting this one, it also gave me a chance to practice the lense-effect:



















5

Dark Apostle Drazilek said...

Liking the stealth mode of the Tau, I've heard of people painting their models in such a fashion but never seen it myself.

Looks pretty decent. I like it.

-Draz

PlasticFish said...

well, I just had to try, Tau is not really my thing but I had a couple of these laying around so I thought why not try it out, and it turned out ok.

Warhammer39999 said...

I think the Tau model looks smashing (and the IG is nice too, but it pales in comparison to the striking colors of the Tau). What's this "lens effect" you speak of?

PlasticFish said...

The lens effect is what i call, in lack of a better word to describe it, the lighting effect on lenses - like the "eye" on the Stealthsuit or weapon scopes etc.

Warhammer39999 said...

That's what I figured, but then I considered that you might be calling the two-tone paint job some sort of lense effect. That's really a fantastic scheme you have there.

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger. - Modified By The PlasticFish -

TOPO