Wellcome to PlasticFish Online!

Trying to get this page back on track!

Monday, December 27, 2010

Rebuilding some feathers.

Since I was in a hurry to get this mini ready for some games earlier this summer I wasn't really satisfied with it.

I just did some quick work on the armor and added a feathered cloak to it, fitting a Captain of the Raptors. Since someone said: "you should give him a cool feathered cloak", I tried to make one, but I was in a bit of a hurry so I made it from pieces of plasticard.
And the result was kind of flat. Now I've had some more time to tinker with it and I also found a nice article over at Dave Taylers Miniatures about making feathers out of greenstuff (link).
After ripping away all the old, flat, plasticard feathers I just reattached the new ones.
And some paint, and I'm quite pleased with it! Next up will be to do a total armour and detail remake.

3

The GunGrave said...

much better!

GDMNW said...

Boo hoo! I thought he was a Raptor's terminator...

He does look awesome with his new feather though.

Crosser Modelling said...

Looks great. The new cloak is the business! Awesome pose to the model to boot.

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger. - Modified By The PlasticFish -

TOPO