Wellcome to PlasticFish Online!

The PlasticFish is trying to get back into the painting-mood!
Right now we are still throwing down in the underhive of "Necromunda". And I'm trying to get into Warmachine with my Khador battlegroup.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Battlescene Update!


Some skulls here and there. Some wires sticking up from the ground and some more work done on the ground. I also added a lot (!) of watered-down paperglue on to the "swampy"-part of the scene. To add some more colour to this very brown scene I will add some colourful mushrooms and strange UnderHive vegetation to it later on. Maybe some green slime in the water too. I'm also working on making some nice bones to pile up around the ZombieMaster - still waiting on the results of the moulds on those...

Now, what's this!?

Right now I'm working on two (three, five, ten...) different projects for a competition. This one is a Battlescene featuring some old (!) Necromunda minis.

This was the original idea. But after some work on it, it just felt too big. So I did some cutting and got it down to this:

The two circular holes are where the two "heroes" of this build is going to be mounted. Since I didn't want to glue them directly to the scene I opted on mounting them on some nice 20mm bases and then fixing the base to the scene.

Here we can see "The Zombie Master" and the Escher Ganger. In front of her I'm going to mount another Zombie who's taking a nice big hit from the Shotgun straight in the face... And another Zimbie is going to be mounted on the tilted pillar - just peaking over, ready to jump down and attack.
As you can see the ground still need some work - which only can be seen when you put the scene under a strong light.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Trying out some new stuff

So far this week has been an interresting one. Since I'm low on cash and useable bitz I've been trying my hand att some GS casting.
After following some advice found at some different forums and blogs I sat my sights at trying to cast some small pices in GS.

As you can see from the picture above the result is quite good, even with pieces that got small details, like the grenade-packs.

And here you can see one of the seals placed on a mini. And to the right is the mould I made from filling up a round 20mm base with GS. Then I applied ordinary vegetable-based oil on to the pieces that I wanted to cast. Next step was to press them down into the GS, and leaving them in there until the GS hardened.


I also tried my hand at making quick, simple and nice bases. The base on the right is the "negative" one. I made it by covering an ordiary 20mm round base with GS and then applying some oil to the surface. Then I pressed it on to the base I wanted to copy. So now I got a nice mould that I can use to create some quick metalplated bases!

Since my first moulds, with the seals worked so well, I also casted a skull. The size of it makes for a good ornament on the powered-armor! As you also can see, this mini is mounted on one of the bases that I made with the "negative" one that I talked about earlier.
Final thoughts: - I love this! My next project is to cast a modified head. Which means that I will have to make a double mould. Right now all my casted bits only got details on one side. So casting a head will be a bit more tricky, i think...
One thing to remember: - When using vegetable-based oil on GS (which keeps the GS from sticking to the mould) the curing time for the GS increases a bit.

Friday, May 1, 2009

New book on the horizon!

Well, by accident I wandered onto Black Library website. It seems like Sandy Mitchell has written a second book set in the Dark Heresy framework.


Right now there are no previews to download but if this book is half as good as the first one, it's going to be glorious!
Sadly enough it won't be out until late this fall...
But since I'm reading C.S Gotos Deathwatch books right now and I'm thinking about digging in to Ravenor later on - I got some reading to do, to pass the time until "Innocence proves nothing".

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger. - Modified By The PlasticFish -

TOPO